Steps we are taking to protect patients and minimise contact whilst ensuring a thorough and effective osteopathic treatment:
The Clinic Room
- Increased hygiene by disinfecting clinic room between each patient.
- We now have wipeable pillow cases, have removed couch covers and are sanitising all surfaces that may be touched during the patient’s visit.
- Fitted door handle to operate with forearm.
- Therapists now have PPE to hand, including masks, gloves, aprons and eye shields if required, such as if patients are immuno-compromised or are in another vulnerable category.
- We have hand sanitiser on site but we encourage you to bring your own to minimise unnecessary contact with surfaces. If you wish to bring any other PPE please feel free to do so.
- Patients are now requested to wait in their car or outside if arriving more than a couple of minutes before the appointment time and the therapist will come out to bring them in. This minimises contact with the previous patient.
- Patients are requested to fill out the secure COVID screening form that they will receive in the booking reminder email. These are short simple questions about whether you have had any COVID-19 symptoms. These will need to be filled out before every session in the near future but will be as short as possible.
- Unfortunately we have had to remove the chairs in the waiting area outside the clinic. These are very difficult to clean and with the new waiting protocols in place patients will not be using these chairs anyway.
- We are minimising face-to-face contact during treatment by using techniques that require patients to be face down, seated (facing away) or side-lying.
- We no longer accept cash payments, patients can pay or prepay via BACS or pay via card machine which is disinfected between patients. Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Android Pay are highly recommended as they are contactless and have no limit to the payment amount.