Steps we are taking to protect patients and minimise contact whilst ensuring a thorough and effective osteopathic treatment:
All of our therapists have had their first COVID vaccine and by the end of May all will have had the second vaccine. Healthcare practitioners are prioritised because of the close-contact nature of our job and our working with high-risk patients, such as the immuno-compromised.
Masks are worn at all times by our therapists during the working day and are mandatory in our treatment rooms.
The Clinic Room
- We are ventilating and santising the treatment rooms in the 15 minute gap between patients.
- We have purchased new furniture including easily cleaned plastic chairs.
- We also have wipeable pillow cases, have removed couch covers and are sanitising all surfaces that may be touched during the patient’s visit.
- We have fitted foot handles in the clinic to prevent touching door handles.
- Therapists now wear PPE during every treatment, including masks, gloves, aprons.
- We have hand sanitiser that we ask patients to use prior to treatment, dispensed from a convenient touch-free dispenser.
- Patients are now requested to wait in their car or outside if arriving more than a couple of minutes before the appointment time and the therapist will come out to bring them in. This minimises contact with the previous patient. On the way into the treatment rooms you will be asked to sanitise your hands using our hands-free dispenser.
- Patients are also requested to fill out the secure COVID screening form that they will receive in the booking reminder email. These are short simple questions about whether you have had any COVID-19 symptoms, or contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19. These will need to be filled out in the 24 hours prior to every session in the near future but will be as short as possible.
- Please bring in a mask or other face covering, disposable masks can be provided at the cost of £1 per mask if you are unable to bring one of your own. This will be added to your treatment cost at the end of the appointment.
- We no longer accept cash payments, patients can pay or prepay via BACS or pay via card machine which is disinfected between patients. Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Android Pay are highly recommended as they are contactless and have no limit to the payment amount.
It is our sincere hope that these measures will be temporary but in the meantime we appreciate your understanding and cooperation.